For several years now I have attended the Gotham kosher wine extravaganza. I was concerned this year when the tasting was moved from its traditional Sunday afternoon affair to a Wednesday night event. I am happy to say that I got home a few hours ago and it was once again a very well organized and attended event. A very impressive (and affordable) VIP tasting. A huge lineup of kosher wines. Close to 300 kosher wine lovers…all in all a very nice night. Among my favorite wines of the night were the Barkan Superieur Pinotage and a 2000 Bordeaux, Chateau Branda.
I’m a bit sleep deprived these days and it is late, but I want to end this post with some cool info I got via a mass email…15 (other) uses for Vodka…
Happy alternative Vodka uses…
1. To remove a bandage painlessly, saturate the bandage with vodka. The solvent dissolves adhesive.
3. To clean your eyeglasses, simply wipe the lenses with a soft, clean cloth dampened with vodka. The alcohol in the vodka cleans the glass and kills germs.
4. Prolong the life of razors by filling a cup with vodka and letting your safety razor blade soak in the alcohol after shaving. The vodka disinfects the blade and prevents rusting.
5. Spray vodka on vomit stains, scrub with a brush, and then blot dry.
7. Add a jigger of vodka to a 12-ounce bottle of shampoo. The alcohol cleanses the scalp, removes toxins from hair, and stimulates the growth of healthy hair.
8. Fill a sixteen-ounce trigger-spray bottle, and spray bees or wasps to kill them.
9. Pour one-half cup vodka and one-half cup water in a Ziploc freezer bag and freeze for a slushy, refreshable ice pack for aches, pain or black eyes.
10. Fill a clean, used mayonnaise jar with freshly packed lavender flowers, fill the jar with vodka, seal the lid tightly and set in the sun for three days. Strain liquid through a coffee filter, then apply the tincture to aches and pains.
11. To relieve a fever, use a washcloth to rub vodka on your chest and back as a liniment.
12. To cure foot odor, wash your feet with vodka.
13. Vodka will disinfect and alleviate a jellyfish sting.
14. Pour vodka over an area affected with poison ivy to remove the Urushiol oil from your skin.